Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) funded local workforce development boards are charged with engaging industry to develop career pathways and talent pipelines that ensure economic success for businesses and employees across the country.
Using Labor Market Information (LMI) and other data sources, the Little Rock Workforce Development Board (LRWDB) has identified three leading industries that offer high demand for skilled workers, high wages, and defined career pathways for employees with nationally recognized credentials:
- The Healthcare industry includes in-demand occupations like: In-Home Assistant; Personal Care Aid; Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA); Emergency Medical Technician (EMT); Medical and Lab Technician; Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN); and Registered Nurse (RN).
- In-demand occupations in the Advanced Manufacturing industry include: Production Technician (CPT); Logistics Technician (CLT); Machinist (NIMS); Welder (AWS/CW); Aviatronics Mechanic; and Aeronautics Cabinetry and Upholstery.
- The Construction industry includes in-demand occupations like: Construction Crafts (NCCER) and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers (HVAC).
Engaged educational and employer partners in the local labor market provide training and potential employment opportunities for qualified candidates with the required credentials.
- Local partners in the Healthcare sector include: the Little Rock School District; Medlinc; Baptist Health; CHI – St. Vincent; Arkansas Children’s Hospital; the Heart Hospital; and the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
- Partners in Advanced Manufacturing include: the Little Rock School District; Manufacturing Skill Standards Council; University of Arkansas Pulaski Tech (UA-PTC); Dassault Falcon Jet; Caterpillar; the Little Rock Port Authority; AFCO Steel; Lexicon; and Welspun Tubular.
- Partners in the Construction industry include: the Little Rock School District; Arkansas Construction Education Foundation; University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Job Corps; University of Arkansas Pulaski Tech (UA-PTC); Union & Employer Apprenticeships; OSHA Certification Providers; Vratsinas Construction Company; CDI Contractors a wide variety of construction sub-contractors, and local unions.
To learn more about local workforce development success stories, please visit http://workforcesuccessstories.com.